The pilot project "English Hotline" starts with the preparations in 2022. Planned is to launch the new hotline in January 2023. Initially, it will be run for a year with one evening shift per day (6 - 11 pm). For this project, the Dargebotene Hand is recruiting new volunteers. The newly formed English team will contain already experienced volunteers from the regional offices of Aargau, Central Switzerland and Zurich and newly recruited members. Newly recruited volunteers will complete the full training, and experienced volunteers will join some of the most salient teaching sessions.
To participate as a volunteer at the "English Hotline" are excellent English language, skills, sufficient German language skills, and the motivation to be part of the new pilot project necessary.
- A societal relevant and meaningful task in accompanying people
in acute and chronic crises as well as in difficult life situations.
- Regular case supervision, further training, and social events.
- A working atmosphere characterised by appreciation, personal
responsibility, and support.
- Generous expense allowances and contributions to supra-
regional further training courses.
Further information: Matthias Herren, Head of the Dargebotene Hand Zürich, Tel. 043 244 80 80, [tocco-encoded-addr:MTA5LDk3LDExNiwxMTYsMTA0LDEwNSw5NywxMTUsNDYsMTA0LDEwMSwxMTQsMTE0LDEwMSwxMTAsNjQsNDksNTIsNTEsNDYsOTksMTA0]
The English Team is selected and the registration closed.
If you are interested to work in futur for the English Hotline, please write a messasge at z[tocco-encoded-addr:MTE3LDEwMSwxMTQsMTA1LDk5LDEwNCw2NCw0OSw1Miw1MSw0Niw5OSwxMDQ=].
- Stable personality and psychological capacity.
- Openness to learning and understanding more about fellow
human beings and oneself.
- Interest in dealing with a wide variety of problems, challenges,
and social conditions.
- Motivation to be part of a newly formed English Hotline Team
with approximately 15 volunteers.
- Time availability and flexibility to complete shifts from
6 to 11 pm, 7 days a week (33 services per year) as well as for
quality assurance (2 days of external training.
- Bilingual. Volunteers will need to complete internship services
with experienced German-speaking volunteers from the
- The English language prerequisites will be evaluated
individually, but the following is mandatory:
- a proficient user according to the Cambridge English Scale
with English skills at the C1 (Advanced English) or C2
(Proficiency English) level (or equivalent certificates).
- Or people have acquired a near-native/fluent or a highly
proficient level in spoken English (e.g., living in an English-
speaking country or regularly using the language through
- Age: 30 – 66 years
- Residence in the catchment area of Dargebotene Hand Zürich. -
The teaching evenings and later on the monthly supervisions
will take place at the Zeltweg 27, in Zurich.
The course participants receive an introduction to the essentials of conversational skills, how to deal with specific life issues, and some mental health problems. The course units consist of various theoretical inputs, personal exchange of experiences, and role-plays.
Time requirement: 3 Weekends, 21 course evenings (Tuesday, 5 to 8 pm), internships in the form of accompanied services in the time from May to November 2022.